Российские распределенные вычисления на платформе BOINC
Форум участников распределённых вычислений.

Добро пожаловать, Гость! Чтобы использовать все возможности Вход или Регистрация.

Уведомление

Icon
Error

3 Страницы<123
Опции
К последнему сообщению К первому непрочитанному
Offline AlexA  
#41 Оставлено : 18 августа 2013 г. 13:17:28(UTC)
AlexA

Статус: Administration

Медали: Переводчику: За помощь в создании сайта

Группы: Editors, Member, Administration, Russia Team Group, Moderators
Мужчина
Российская Федерация

Сказал «Спасибо»: 1242 раз
Не переживай smile, есть и другие Не получается
Но я её считаю, только когда надо в Формуле поднажать.
Offline cykodennis  
#42 Оставлено : 7 августа 2014 г. 22:21:50(UTC)
cykodennis

Статус: Я тут не впервой

Группы: Member

Сказал(а) «Спасибо»: 1 раз
Автор: SerVal Перейти к цитате

Интересно, я один такой придурок, или есть ещё народ который считает Cosmology@home? 199

Google translate tells me, that you have doubts in the overall substance behind C@H. Maybe i have some informations of interest.
I have had contact with Benjamin Wandelt, project scientist, a few weeks ago. The problem is, that he is an absolute expert on his topic, and so has not the time to manage the project as it would be needed. But he also hasn't learned until today how to set up the management for properly running without him.

It is still a productive project, but it's description is confusing. It was once announced as something, where you could simulate the development of the universe. So, people are asking today where the results may be.
The truth is much better described in the english wikipedia article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmology@Home

There you can learn that C@H real purpose is to "teach" an algorithm called Pico, which is a tool for scientists of the topic.
There are several hints to Pico in the WWW.

However, actually they plan something like C@H 2.0, although there seem to be open questions about fundings and so on.
I'll try to convince Ben to cooperate with another project, which crew could follow a more improved information policy and community management.

btw: You should very seldom need 13 hours for a C@H WU on an I7. The overall mastertrick in C@H is to tick the option "leave application in memory", because C@H isn't capable to use many checkpoints.

Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me.
Offline evatutin  
#43 Оставлено : 7 августа 2014 г. 22:58:03(UTC)
evatutin

Статус: Старожил

Медали: Первооткрывателю: Результат в проекте SAT@homeРазработчику: За организацию проекта Gerasim@home

Группы: Editors, Member

Сказал(а) «Спасибо»: 1003 раз
cykodennis написал:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmology@Home

In russian we have http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmology@Home that little more complete than english version and include some additional information from project site (for example, description of parameter space). But after so many years of crunch would like to see a more detailed description of the project's objectives and obtained results. May be scientific collective has scientific publications, conference presentations or popular science materials (for example, as it made in Einstein@Home or in popular astro speeches of R. Penrose, A. Linde, V. Rubakov and so on at http://elementy.ru/video). All of this is very interesting for crunchers but we do not have access to this information

kvt.kurskstu team founder
Gerasim@home scientist
My numbers are 5056994653507584 and 1835082219864832081920. Why not? smile
Offline cykodennis  
#44 Оставлено : 7 августа 2014 г. 23:12:21(UTC)
cykodennis

I think i remember you there, politely rioting for results or publications. smile
Or was it on the EDgeS board? i think, it was both.

There is no doubt that the project has gone terribly wrong in the community aspect. But the 420 creds per WU kept the project alive until quiet recently. Actually they begin to feel a user erosion. At least i hope so.

I think that the problem was/is, that it is simply supporting for an astrophysical tool, no matter how important or not, and the scientist who use it don't even think about to tell C@H what they have accomplished...
This, and a "they seem to don't care" information policy between users and project which has evolved over years. I also know the physician who was reponsible for the community reviving the last few years. He had no nice job.

Ben Wandelts reputation as scientist is undisputable. C@H reputation as project zombie too (although not right).

Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me.
Offline Freddykrug  
#45 Оставлено : 8 августа 2014 г. 18:27:22(UTC)
Freddykrug

Группы: Member, Модератор Astronomy.Ru Forum
Мужчина
Российская Федерация

Сказал «Спасибо»: 740 раз
For me this project is dead. Not new applications, not publication.
3 Gb Radeon 7950, i-5 2400, 16 Gb ОЗУ Astronomy.Ru Forum

Offline cykodennis  
#46 Оставлено : 8 августа 2014 г. 19:34:02(UTC)
cykodennis

I think, many people share your opinion Mr. Krug.

I guess, if he really releases a new application, the whole project needs a relaunch.
Offline kararom  
#47 Оставлено : 11 августа 2014 г. 20:43:23(UTC)
kararom

Статус: Administration

Группы: Editors, Russia Team Group, Moderators
Мужчина
Российская Федерация

Сказал «Спасибо»: 224 раз
2 Freddykrug

So you think that if no new application, the scientific value of the project is negligible?

Так вы считаете, что если нет новых приложений, научная ценность проекта ничтожна?

Отредактировано пользователем 11 августа 2014 г. 23:00:53(UTC)  | Причина: Не указана

UserPostedImage

Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake-S 4.00ГГц, ASUS Z170-A, Kingston DDR4 16ГБ 2800МГц, Kingston SSD 240ГБ, ASUS NVidia GTX 980Ti, Thermaltake TR2 RX 1200W, Win 10 x64

Offline Freddykrug  
#48 Оставлено : 12 августа 2014 г. 19:07:29(UTC)
Freddykrug

Группы: Member, Модератор Astronomy.Ru Forum
Мужчина
Российская Федерация

Сказал «Спасибо»: 740 раз
Насколько понимаю, другие проекты делают новые приложения для нового hardware.
64-битную версию, по крайней мере, можно было бы сделать.
Если этого нет = возникает вопрос: заинтересован ли учредитель данного проекта в результатах?
5 лет для науки - это очень много. То, что 5 лет назад было гипотезой, могло стать либо теорией, опирающейся на факты. Либо архивным делом с пометкой: "ошибочная гипотеза".
3 Gb Radeon 7950, i-5 2400, 16 Gb ОЗУ Astronomy.Ru Forum

Offline evatutin  
#49 Оставлено : 13 августа 2014 г. 14:07:16(UTC)
evatutin

Медали: Первооткрывателю: Результат в проекте SAT@homeРазработчику: За организацию проекта Gerasim@home

Группы: Editors, Member

Сказал(а) «Спасибо»: 1003 раз
http://elementy.ru/video?pubid=432094

Пример того, что хотелось бы видеть по проекту в исполнении его авторов. Ближе к концу автор доклада рассказывает, как из картинки спектра реликтового излучения можно получить константы для нашей Вселенной. Скорее всего что-то похожее делается и в Cosmology@home, но это наши догадки, официальной информации нет Не получается

kvt.kurskstu team founder
Gerasim@home scientist
My numbers are 5056994653507584 and 1835082219864832081920. Why not? smile
Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему
Guest (4)
3 Страницы<123